Japan : Birth Rate Plunges Further - National Dissolution The Only Result
Add Reply
26xh.0717
2024-06-06 06:07:27 UTC
https://japantoday.com/category/national/japan's-birth-rate-falls-to-a-record-low-as-the-number-of-marriages-also-drops

Japan’s birthrate fell to a new low for the eight straight
year in 2023, according to Health Ministry data released
on Wednesday. A government official described the situation
as critical and urged authorities to do everything they
can to reverse the trend.

The data underscores Japan's long-standing issues of a
rapidly aging and shrinking population, which has serious
implications for the country's economy and national
security — especially against the backdrop of China's
increasingly assertive presence in the region.

According to the latest statistics, Japan's fertility
rate — the average number of babies a woman is expected
to have in her lifetime — stood at 1.2 last year.

. . .

I think only S.Korea's birthrate is lower, something
like 0.8

Face it, within about 50 years, there is going to
BE no "Japan" for all intents. It's culture and
traditions will age and blow away on the winds
of time. The land-mass, well, that will belong
to all the foreign laborers they're importing
to make up for the lack of native youths.

Kids are a PAIN - so most 1st-worlders don't
bother to have many/any. They feel secure, The
System will take care of them.

But The System is gonna go away too. And no,
'bots can't fill the gaps very well.
Borax Man
2024-06-06 10:05:47 UTC
["Followup-To:" header set to talk.politics.misc.]
Post by 26xh.0717
[...]
I'm confident that the birth rate will increase again. Humans evolved
to survive, and a population won't simply just dissapear. What WILL
kill Japan, is if they do decide to replace their population with
others, like the West has done. The problem is solvable, and I think
it needs a more significant change in the economy.