Trump Attempts The Biggest Flip-Flop Of All Time
Bradley K. Sherman
2024-08-24 10:44:01 UTC

<https://www.nytimes.com/2024/08/23/us/politics/trump-abortion-truth-social.html>

--bks
Mitchell Holman
2024-08-24 14:04:20 UTC
Post by Bradley K. Sherman

| On Truth Social, Donald Trump Tries to Refashion Himself as
| Supportive of Abortion Rights
<https://www.nytimes.com/2024/08/23/us/politics/trump-abortion-truth-so
cial.html>
--bks
Before becoming president: "NATO is obsolete."
(April 4, 2016)

Since becoming president: NATO is "no longer obsolete."
(April 12, 2017)

Before becoming president: "Why is Obama
spending millions to try and hide his records?

Since becoming president: The White House won’t
release its visitor logs, reversing an Obama-era
policy.

Before becoming president: "I’m going to be
working for you. I’m not going to have time
to go play golf."

Since becoming president: Has played golf at
least 14 times since taking office. (as of
April 17, 2017)

Before becoming president: "We pay for Obama's
travel so he can fundraise millions so Democrats
can run on lies. Then we pay for his golf."

Since becoming president: Spent more than half
of first 13 weekends as president at his resort
in Mar-a-Lago, likely costing millions of
taxpayer dollars. (as of April 18, 2017)

Before becoming president: "The President must
get Congressional approval before attacking
Syria-big mistake if he does not!"

Since becoming president: Took unilateral action
to strike Syria. (April 6, 2017)

Before becoming president: "China is a currency
manipulator." (Oct. 22, 2016)

Since becoming president: "They're not currency
manipulators." (April 12, 2017)

Before becoming president: "Save Medicare,
Medicaid and Social Security without cuts."

Since becoming president: Pushed Republican
health care plan that would reduce federal
spending on Medicaid by $880 billion over
10 years.

http://tinyurl.com/y8aegm8j
Siri Cruise
2024-08-24 15:47:50 UTC
Post by Bradley K. Sherman

| On Truth Social, Donald Trump Tries to Refashion Himself as
| Supportive of Abortion Rights
<https://www.nytimes.com/2024/08/23/us/politics/trump-abortion-truth-social.html>
--bks
We are at war with Eur-abortion.
We have always been at war with Eur-East-choice.
--
Siri Seal of Disavowal #000-001. Disavowed. Denied. @
'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' /|\
of Discordian Mysteries. This post insults Islam. Mohamed
Skeeter
2024-08-25 00:27:43 UTC

So? Is that a bad thing?
Bradley K. Sherman
2024-08-25 11:51:22 UTC
Post by Bradley K. Sherman
| On Truth Social, Donald Trump Tries to Refashion Himself as
| Supportive of Abortion Rights
Keep on lying:

<https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2024-election/jd-vance-says-trump-veto-national-abortion-ban-rcna168084>

--bks
Governor Swill
2024-08-25 13:04:21 UTC
Post by Bradley K. Sherman
Post by Bradley K. Sherman
| On Truth Social, Donald Trump Tries to Refashion Himself as
| Supportive of Abortion Rights
|
| Vance says Trump would veto a national abortion ban
<https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2024-election/jd-vance-says-trump-veto-national-abortion-ban-rcna168084>
--bks
Well ... they certainly have changed their "stated" position on abortion since
Harris turned the polls upside down.

Capitol police Sgt Aquilino Gonell emigrated from the Dominican Republic and
became a citizen. He served in the US Army in Iraq. On Jan 6, he was beaten
and blinded. Trump sided with the attackers. "He betrayed us." Five officers
died as a result of that day.

#NEVERtrump
super70s
2024-08-25 12:05:32 UTC
Post by Bradley K. Sherman

| On Truth Social, Donald Trump Tries to Refashion Himself as
| Supportive of Abortion Rights
<https://www.nytimes.com/2024/08/23/us/politics/trump-abortion-truth-social.html>
--bks
No such thing as "one size fits all" on something like abortion Big
Daddy. You could make some of those evangelicals who you're always
saying are in love with you stay home now.
Governor Swill
2024-08-25 13:10:29 UTC
Post by super70s
Post by Bradley K. Sherman

| On Truth Social, Donald Trump Tries to Refashion Himself as
| Supportive of Abortion Rights
<https://www.nytimes.com/2024/08/23/us/politics/trump-abortion-truth-social.html>
--bks
No such thing as "one size fits all" on something like abortion Big
Daddy. You could make some of those evangelicals who you're always
saying are in love with you stay home now.
Couple of years ago, I related a story of Trump taking three different positions
on abortion in the space of roughly ten minutes. This happened in 2016 during a
town hall moderated by Chris Matthews. SEVERAL rightists jumped on me about
that demanding proof (by that time I couldn't find the clip anymore) and
insisted I was wrong, that Trump had one position against abortion and one
position only.

We see now that his position on abortion is quite fluid depending on audience
he's trying to reach. Some pro-choice will believe he truly has moderated his
position and some anti-abortionists will assume he's "triangulating" to get
votes but remains dedicated to zero abortion.

This is his way. Folks remember what he says that they agree with and dismiss
everything else.

He is not trustworthy. His word has no value.

Harris has pointed out that Putin and Kim are rooting for Trump because he can
be easily manipulated. Just flatter him a bit and you can get him to do what
you want. You don't even have to keep your word because he doesn't keep his.

--
#NEVERtrump