Joseph Heller Anticipates Trump
Bradley K. Sherman
2024-05-28 13:49:46 UTC

| It was miraculous. It was almost no trick at all, he saw,
| to turn vice into virtue and slander into truth, impotence
| into abstinence, arrogance into humility, plunder into
| philanthropy, thievery into honor, blasphemy into wisdom,
| brutality into patriotism, and sadism into justice. Anybody
| could do it; it required no brains at all. It merely
| required no character.

<_Catch-22_>

--bks
Mitchell Holman
2024-05-29 01:39:31 UTC
Post by Bradley K. Sherman

| It was miraculous. It was almost no trick at all, he saw,
| to turn vice into virtue and slander into truth, impotence
| into abstinence, arrogance into humility, plunder into
| philanthropy, thievery into honor, blasphemy into wisdom,
| brutality into patriotism, and sadism into justice. Anybody
| could do it; it required no brains at all. It merely
| required no character.

<_Catch-22_>
--bks
Such a good book, such a terrible movie.
Mike Colangelo
2024-05-29 01:58:12 UTC
Post by Mitchell Holman
Post by Bradley K. Sherman

| It was miraculous. It was almost no trick at all, he saw,
| to turn vice into virtue and slander into truth, impotence
| into abstinence, arrogance into humility, plunder into
| philanthropy, thievery into honor, blasphemy into wisdom,
| brutality into patriotism, and sadism into justice. Anybody
| could do it; it required no brains at all. It merely
| required no character.

<_Catch-22_>
--bks
Such a good book, such a terrible movie.
I don't see how it possibly could have made for a good movie. The book was so
disjointed, which didn't make it hard to read but watching that would have been
unbearable.
Mitchell Holman
2024-05-29 13:35:50 UTC
Post by Mike Colangelo
Post by Mitchell Holman
Post by Bradley K. Sherman

| It was miraculous. It was almost no trick at all, he saw,
| to turn vice into virtue and slander into truth, impotence
| into abstinence, arrogance into humility, plunder into
| philanthropy, thievery into honor, blasphemy into wisdom,
| brutality into patriotism, and sadism into justice. Anybody
| could do it; it required no brains at all. It merely
| required no character.

<_Catch-22_>
--bks
Such a good book, such a terrible movie.
I don't see how it possibly could have made for a good movie. The book
was so disjointed, which didn't make it hard to read but watching that
would have been unbearable.
Art Garfunkle broke up Simon and Garfunkle
over that movie. He got a small role, thought
he was going to be a Hollywood star. He was
wrong.
Gronk
2024-05-29 04:59:31 UTC
Post by Bradley K. Sherman

| It was miraculous. It was almost no trick at all, he saw,
| to turn vice into virtue and slander into truth, impotence
| into abstinence, arrogance into humility, plunder into
| philanthropy, thievery into honor, blasphemy into wisdom,
| brutality into patriotism, and sadism into justice. Anybody
| could do it; it required no brains at all. It merely
| required no character.

<_Catch-22_>

Did The Twilight Zone Predict Donald Trump's Presidency in 1963?

Twilight Zone end monologue from He's Alive

“He’s alive so long as these evils exist.
Remember that when he comes to your town.
Remember it when you hear his voice
speaking out through others. Remember it
when you hear a name called, a minority
attacked, any blind, unreasoning assault
on a people or any human being. He’s alive
because through these things we keep him
alive.”
Governor Swill
2024-05-31 00:25:04 UTC
Post by Gronk
http://youtu.be/2jJcG4M1uGY
Did The Twilight Zone Predict Donald Trump's Presidency in 1963?
http://youtu.be/B3ID7k0_xn4
Twilight Zone end monologue from He's Alive
“He’s alive so long as these evils exist.
Remember that when he comes to your town.
Remember it when you hear his voice
speaking out through others. Remember it
when you hear a name called, a minority
attacked, any blind, unreasoning assault
on a people or any human being. He’s alive
because through these things we keep him
alive.”
No, he was just pointing out that Nazism and evil didn't die with Hitler in that bunker.

Swill
--
Trump cites FBI stats to prove crime going down, 2019

<https://www.brennancenter.org/our-work/analysis-opinion/crime-down-does-president-trump-deserve-credit>

Trump dismisses FBI stats that prove crime is going down, 2024

<https://people.com/fact-check-trump-false-claims-crime-rates-8624660>

Not left, not right, https://www.forwardparty.com/

Heroyam slava! Glory to the Heroes!

Sláva Ukrajíni! Glory to Ukraine!

Putin tse prezervatyv! Putin is a condom!

Go here to donate to Ukrainian relief.