"Freedom's
Dhu on Gate
2024-08-26 19:50:58 UTC
Just another word for nothin' left to lose"

https://www.rt.com/news/603075-durov-french-arrest-telegram/

Hey there Pavel, there's something the French have forgotten,
that Liberty is a Special Freedom we grant other Humans, to
use the things (ideas, widgets ...) we make for one another.

OpenSource Telegram <<<

Make it a Public Utility with open maintenance.
We'll have your back on this. For sure, for sure.

Dhu

--
Je suis Canadien. Ce n'est pas Francais ou Anglais.
Duncan Patton a Campbell
Dhu on Gate
2024-08-26 20:01:40 UTC
Post by Dhu on Gate
Just another word for nothin' left to lose"
^
Oh, an' that ^ ain't my Idea, either.

I'll leave that attribution as it stands.
Anocrat Al can look it up if he wants.

Dhu
Duncan Patton a Campbell
Dhu on Gate
2024-08-27 16:31:06 UTC
Post by Dhu on Gate
Just another word for nothin' left to lose"
https://www.rt.com/news/603075-durov-french-arrest-telegram/
Hey there Pavel, there's something the French have forgotten,
that Liberty is a Special Freedom we grant other Humans, to
use the things (ideas, widgets ...) we make for one another.
OpenSource Telegram <<<
Make it a Public Utility with open maintenance.
We'll have your back on this. For sure, for sure.
Dhu
One of the technical prebloms that Telegram, and every other
comms device in existence, has is pointed out by Kreml
spokesperson Peskov:

https://www.rt.com/russia/603148-messaging-apps-kremlin-peskov/

But even great corporations cannot buy the kind of talent needed
to break into something like Telegram. Only great Nations have
the ability to openly employ the teams of physicists needed
to break into something like Telegram as such teams constitute
military grade weapons: minds like Alan Turing don't and won't
operate in the dark.

So if it's not GRU and the NSA going after Pavel... the French?
Naaah, they got physicists too, but mebbe not so well informed.
So is it Corporate? Macaroon sez it's not political...

Dhu

--
Je suis Canadien. Ce n'est pas Francais ou Anglais.
Duncan Patton a Campbell
Dhu on Gate
2024-08-29 23:38:29 UTC
Post by Dhu on Gate
Post by Dhu on Gate
[...]
https://www.rt.com/russia/603227-durov-bail/

"A French court has formally indicted Telegram founder
Pavel Durov, accusing him of complicity in a litany of
offenses and barring him from leaving France until the
case against him concludes."

Oh I wish I was Fishing, in Normandy, tonight.
Sc*'s prob'ly a safer bet, but Jersey, that's
swimmin' distance awa'

Dhu

--
Je suis Canadien. Ce n'est pas Francais ou Anglais.
Duncan Patton a Campbell
Dhu on Gate
2024-08-29 23:50:51 UTC
Post by Dhu on Gate
Post by Dhu on Gate
[...]
https://www.rt.com/news/603232-cia-telegram-topple-governments/

"The CIA loves Telegram – ex-State Department official"

Dhu