GOP Book-Banning Pegs The Nazi-o-meter
Add Reply
Bradley K. Sherman
2024-05-21 11:12:11 UTC

<https://literaryactivism.substack.com/p/an-idaho-public-library-will-become>

--bks
Mitchell Holman
2024-05-21 12:54:47 UTC
Post by Bradley K. Sherman
| Moms for Liberty chapter apologizes for quoting
| Hitler in newsletter
|
| An Idaho Public Library Will Become Adults-Only July 1, 2024
|
| The decision is a result of a state bill that allows
| parents to sue libraries with "inappropriate material."
<https://literaryactivism.substack.com/p/an-idaho-public-library-will-b
ecome>
--bks
That is what this is all coming to,
the Tyranny Of Children.

Art history books?

"Inappropriate for children"

Medical books?

"Inappropriate for children"

Evolution books?

"Inappropriate for children"

Anthropology books?

"Inappropriate for children"

History books?

"Inappropriate for children"

Books about puberty?

"Inappropriate for children"
Wile E. Coyote
2024-05-21 14:10:22 UTC
Post by Mitchell Holman
Post by Bradley K. Sherman
| Moms for Liberty chapter apologizes for quoting
| Hitler in newsletter
|
| An Idaho Public Library Will Become Adults-Only July 1, 2024
|
| The decision is a result of a state bill that allows
| parents to sue libraries with "inappropriate material."
<https://literaryactivism.substack.com/p/an-idaho-public-library-will-b
ecome>
--bks
That is what this is all coming to,
the Tyranny Of Children.
Art history books?
"Inappropriate for children"
Medical books?
"Inappropriate for children"
Evolution books?
"Inappropriate for children"
Anthropology books?
"Inappropriate for children"
History books?
"Inappropriate for children"
Books about puberty?
"Inappropriate for children"
All children will be issued copies of "Art of the Deal" and forced to read
it in classes similar to Bible study groups. One day it will be all that
is necessary to earn a college degree in kissing Trump ass.
62hx.1701
2024-05-29 06:59:26 UTC
Post by Wile E. Coyote
Post by Mitchell Holman
Post by Bradley K. Sherman
| Moms for Liberty chapter apologizes for quoting
| Hitler in newsletter
|
| An Idaho Public Library Will Become Adults-Only July 1, 2024
|
| The decision is a result of a state bill that allows
| parents to sue libraries with "inappropriate material."
<https://literaryactivism.substack.com/p/an-idaho-public-library-will-b
ecome>
--bks
That is what this is all coming to,
the Tyranny Of Children.
Art history books?
"Inappropriate for children"
Medical books?
"Inappropriate for children"
Evolution books?
"Inappropriate for children"
Anthropology books?
"Inappropriate for children"
History books?
"Inappropriate for children"
Books about puberty?
"Inappropriate for children"
All children will be issued copies of "Art of the Deal" and forced to read
it in classes similar to Bible study groups.
Hey, these days, wouldn't hurt .... :-)
Post by Wile E. Coyote
One day it will be all that
is necessary to earn a college degree in kissing Trump ass.
Yep. PUCKER UP WokieCom ! :-)

Now IN TRUTH, your alleged "bans" are not nearly
what you CLAIM. The idea is to prevent INDOCTRINATION.
And yes, I'd include theo-con indoctrination in that
def.

Widdle kiddies should get the Straight Shit - the
"3-R's", and NO sociopolitical BS of any kind.

Save that shit for AFTER they're saturated with
testosterone/estrogen. Good luck with "indoc",
they are NOT very receptive to establishment
BS by that age - as it should be.

Alas, humans always tend to replace one extreme
with another. It's stupid, but it's "species".
Never a good result. WokieComs went WAY WAY
Too Far - and now there's gonna be an equally
extreme counter-reaction whether Trump gets
elected or not.

In the extreme end ... I suspect western civ
is gonna go kinda Islam, 9th century. We've
given Islam too much slack - and it's GONNA
take over to some degree.

Oh yea ... that means women become property
again and queer goes off a tall building.
Happy ???
Mitchell Holman
2024-05-29 13:43:32 UTC
Post by 62hx.1701
Post by Wile E. Coyote

Post by Wile E. Coyote
One day it will be all that
is necessary to earn a college degree in kissing Trump ass.
Yep. PUCKER UP WokieCom ! :-)
Now IN TRUTH, your alleged "bans" are not nearly
what you CLAIM. The idea is to prevent INDOCTRINATION.
No public library does "indoctrination",
no book leaps off the shelf into a child's
hands.

If children CHOOSE to read a book it is
because they want to LEARN.

Why do you hate learning?
pothead
2024-05-30 01:13:01 UTC
Post by Mitchell Holman
Post by 62hx.1701
Post by Wile E. Coyote
Post by Mitchell Holman
Post by Bradley K. Sherman
| Moms for Liberty chapter apologizes for quoting
| Hitler in newsletter
|
| An Idaho Public Library Will Become Adults-Only July 1, 2024
|
| The decision is a result of a state bill that allows
| parents to sue libraries with "inappropriate material."
<https://literaryactivism.substack.com/p/an-idaho-public-library-wil
l-b ecome>ttps://www.forbes.com/sites/zacharyfolk/2024/03/11/trump-floats-cutting-
spending-on-entitlements-like-social-security-and-medicare/?sh=4fbeb38b5c3e
Post by Mitchell Holman
Post by 62hx.1701
Post by Wile E. Coyote
Post by Wile E. Coyote
One day it will be all that
is necessary to earn a college degree in kissing Trump ass.
Yep. PUCKER UP WokieCom ! :-)
Now IN TRUTH, your alleged "bans" are not nearly
what you CLAIM. The idea is to prevent INDOCTRINATION.
No public library does "indoctrination",
no book leaps off the shelf into a child's
hands.
If children CHOOSE to read a book it is
because they want to LEARN.
Why do you hate learning?
Yea, and I'm sure you borrowed that copy fo Grey's Anatomy to learn about physiology.
Well maybe in part. The female sex organ chapters were probably the most dog eared in the book.
Same for the transparent overlays.
Remember those?

FWIW, I am against outright banning of books or censoring media however I do believe that material
should be age appropriate and that decision should be left to the parents.
--
pothead
Joe Biden is the absolute WORST President Of the U.S. ever.
Vote for ANYBODY but Joe Biden in 2024.
Mitchell Holman
2024-05-30 01:56:09 UTC
Post by pothead
Post by Mitchell Holman
Post by 62hx.1701
Post by Wile E. Coyote

Post by Mitchell Holman
Post by 62hx.1701
Post by Wile E. Coyote
Post by Wile E. Coyote
One day it will be all that
is necessary to earn a college degree in kissing Trump ass.
Yep. PUCKER UP WokieCom ! :-)
Now IN TRUTH, your alleged "bans" are not nearly
what you CLAIM. The idea is to prevent INDOCTRINATION.
No public library does "indoctrination",
no book leaps off the shelf into a child's
hands.
If children CHOOSE to read a book it is
because they want to LEARN.
Why do you hate learning?
Yea, and I'm sure you borrowed that copy fo Grey's Anatomy to learn
about physiology. Well maybe in part. The female sex organ chapters
were probably the most dog eared in the book. Same for the transparent
overlays. Remember those?
Imagine that. Girls going thru
puberty trying to learn about puberty.
We cannot have THAT, now can we?
Post by pothead
FWIW, I am against outright banning of books or censoring media
however I do believe that material should be age appropriate and that
decision should be left to the parents.
People do not get to censor
library books just because they
are parents.
62hx.1701
2024-05-30 02:55:44 UTC
Post by pothead
Post by Mitchell Holman
Post by 62hx.1701
Post by Wile E. Coyote

Post by Mitchell Holman
Post by 62hx.1701
Post by Wile E. Coyote
Post by Wile E. Coyote
One day it will be all that
is necessary to earn a college degree in kissing Trump ass.
Yep. PUCKER UP WokieCom ! :-)
Now IN TRUTH, your alleged "bans" are not nearly
what you CLAIM. The idea is to prevent INDOCTRINATION.
No public library does "indoctrination",
no book leaps off the shelf into a child's
hands.
If children CHOOSE to read a book it is
because they want to LEARN.
Why do you hate learning?
Yea, and I'm sure you borrowed that copy fo Grey's Anatomy to learn about physiology.
Well maybe in part. The female sex organ chapters were probably the most dog eared in the book.
Same for the transparent overlays.
Remember those?
Heh ... I always looked at those even in kindergarten when
I could barely read :-)

Alas many public libraries ARE active indoctrinators via
"book programs" and such where gangs of kiddies are all
brought in and given readings from "2 Mommies" books
and worse. Lots of parents just dump their kids off at
the library so they can have a few hours peace ... and
never ask what books the kiddies are gonna be read.
Post by pothead
FWIW, I am against outright banning of books or censoring media however I do believe that material
should be age appropriate and that decision should be left to the parents.
There's a BIG diff between buying/asking for a book and
getting one shoved down your throat. Oddly, THAT is a
form of censorship ... taking time from what YOU might
want to know in favor of what "They" want.

What's "age appropriate" is more a matter of what the
kid WANTS to know about. At age 5 they are not gonna
be interested in butt-buddy how2 books unless step-dad
is hosing them.
Mitchell Holman
2024-05-30 12:49:42 UTC
Post by 62hx.1701
Post by pothead
Post by Mitchell Holman
Post by 62hx.1701
Post by Wile E. Coyote

Post by Mitchell Holman
Post by 62hx.1701
Post by Wile E. Coyote
Post by Wile E. Coyote
[...]
Heaven forbid that children learn
that gay parents exist. What horrible
things will they do with this knowledge,
do you think?
Post by 62hx.1701
Lots of parents just dump their kids off at
the library so they can have a few hours peace ... and
never ask what books the kiddies are gonna be read.
Just imagine. Kids not immersed in
video games or television but READING
BOOKS. Who knows that THAT will lead to....
is hosing them.
Bradley K. Sherman
2024-06-13 12:38:39 UTC
Post by Bradley K. Sherman
| Moms for Liberty chapter apologizes for
| quoting Hitler in newsletter
| An Idaho Public Library Will Become Adults-Only July 1, 2024
|
| Alan Gratz's "Ban This Book" tells the tale of a
| fourth-grader's quest to bring her favorite book back to
| the school library after officials had it removed.
|
| Late last month, a Florida school district banned "Ban This
| Book."
|
| A parent involved in Moms for Liberty, a right-wing
| parents-rights group, submitted a complaint about the book
| in February, alleging that it depicted sexual conduct and
| was "teaching children to be social justice warriors."
| Though a school district committee recommended that "Ban
| This Book" be kept on shelves, the Indian River County
| school board voted to ban it last month.
<https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2024/06/13/florida-banned-books-school-district/>

--bks

Gronk
2024-05-29 05:15:38 UTC
Post by Mitchell Holman
Post by Bradley K. Sherman
| Moms for Liberty chapter apologizes for quoting
| Hitler in newsletter
|
| An Idaho Public Library Will Become Adults-Only July 1, 2024
|
| The decision is a result of a state bill that allows
| parents to sue libraries with "inappropriate material."
<https://literaryactivism.substack.com/p/an-idaho-public-library-will-b
ecome>
That is what this is all coming to,
the Tyranny Of Children.
Art history books?
"Inappropriate for children"
Medical books?
"Inappropriate for children"
Evolution books?
"Inappropriate for children"
Anthropology books?
"Inappropriate for children"
History books?
"Inappropriate for children"
Books about puberty?
"Inappropriate for children"
bible
Inappropiate for any age...

OTOH...
"The best cure for Christianity is reading
the Bible." - Mark Twain