USA : #1 OverDose City ... BALTIMORE
26xh.0717
2024-06-03 03:10:12 UTC
https://www.newsnationnow.com/crime/fentanyl/baltimore-overdose-capital-opioid-crisis/

Baltimore was dubbed the “U.S. overdose capital” in a report by
the New York Times, with nearly 6,000 deaths over the last
six years. Baltimore Councilman Mark Conway says the city was
once a leader in addressing the opioid crisis.

“Back in 2011, 2012, when we saw that folks were having more
addiction issues around pills, we were leading the effort to
turn those things around. I think even then, we didn’t exactly
see the returns we wanted to see,” Conway said

. . .

Right within sight of DC ... :-)

Remember when they cracked-down on Oxy's and
such - said THAT would solve the drug/OD
problems ? SUE the opioid-makers !!!

Well ...

Now it's all 10 times worse, and the 'makers'
are in Mexico/China where you can't get at
them and have their own thug armies too.

Never listen to righteous prohibitionists,
they ALWAYS make it worse.

The "drug problem" has no really good solutions.
People just have to not wanna do lots of strong
dope - and the current national/global/economic
situation kinda pushes them in the other direction.
Bobbie Sellers
2024-06-03 04:45:49 UTC
Post by 26xh.0717
[...]
Hired by the dealers to keep prices up?
Maybe donations to the church or organization by
people who profit from the trafficing of drugs,
but are prominently against them in public.
After all there is lots of money in it for clever
bankers and accountants and they never have to
see the devastation the drugs bring..
Until it happens to their children.
Post by 26xh.0717
  The "drug problem" has no really good solutions.
  People just have to not wanna do lots of strong
  dope - and the current national/global/economic
  situation kinda pushes them in the other direction.
Well they don't want to be around for the Heat Death
of human civilization or involved in pointless wars between
cousins.

The Fentanyl proplem has given the prohibitionists
a temporary boost. People who use such drugs as Opiates,
have either failed to understand drug education or are
living in untenable situations which they have no other
way of escaping but drugged stupor which is better than
the meth heads walking around and spouting gibberish or
causing more physical problems..

Well life is a terminal condition but few give
it up willingly.

bliss- Dell Precision 7730-PCLOS 2024.05-Linux 6.6.32-Plasma 5.27.11
26xh.0717
2024-06-03 06:26:10 UTC
Post by 26xh.0717
[...]
Sometimes I wonder ....

Oh, and the Law/Pols get their kickbacks too.

It's a disaster some WANT to keep alive.
Maybe donations to the church or organization by
people who profit from the trafficing of drugs,
but are prominently against them in public.
After all there is lots of money in it for clever
bankers and accountants and they never have to
see the devastation the drugs bring..
It's always easy to find The Righteous - crusaders,
"The Pure" ... easy to manipulate. They also tend
to do exactly the wrong things inherently, don't
even have to point 'em at anything.
Post by 26xh.0717
   The "drug problem" has no really good solutions.
   People just have to not wanna do lots of strong
   dope - and the current national/global/economic
   situation kinda pushes them in the other direction.
    Well they don't want to be around for the Heat Death
of human civilization or involved in pointless wars between
cousins.
Forget the GW propaganda - that's a whole other
line of BS.

Actually, The End is more likely to come from the
next Chinese lab leak.

Then, for the few survivors, it's back to the
life of serfs - dung huts and scratch farms.
    The Fentanyl proplem has given the prohibitionists
a temporary boost.  People who use such drugs as Opiates,
have either failed to understand drug education or are
living in untenable situations which they have no other
way of escaping but drugged stupor which is better than
the meth heads walking around and spouting gibberish or
causing more physical problems..
There's ALWAYS a New Drug. Many now make heroin look
positively old-fashioned kinder-n-gentler. Chemical
design, even bio-manufacturing, will keep creating
new, even more brain-melting/debilitating, dope.

As said, people need to have hope of a FUTURE ...
REASONS to not give up and become total junkies.
None of the political/social extremes today seem
to offer that. It's just poorer/powerless more
and more in most peoples minds.
    Well life is a terminal condition but few give
it up willingly.
Except in Canada. "Gee, I'm feeling kinda off
today - govt-sponsored suicide seems ideal ..."
bliss- Dell Precision 7730-PCLOS 2024.05-Linux 6.6.32-Plasma 5.27.11
Using Manjaro now ... Debian went to hell.

NEVER hire Canonical rejects ...