J.D. Vance's Business Flops
Bradley K. Sherman
2024-08-13 11:55:36 UTC

<https://www.cnn.com/2024/08/13/politics/kentucky-startup-appharvest-jd-vance/index.html>

--bks
Yak
2024-08-13 12:17:22 UTC

Sounds like Biden/Harris $42 billion broadband boondoggle.
Mitchell Holman
2024-08-13 13:22:42 UTC
Post by Yak
Post by Bradley K. Sherman

| As a venture capitalist, JD Vance repeatedly touted his
| guiding principles for investing in a company: A business
| should not only turn a profit, it should also help American
| communities.
|
| That's why, he said, he invested in AppHarvest, a startup
| that promised a high-tech future for farming and for the
| workers of Eastern Kentucky. Over a four-year span, Vance
| was an early investor, board member and public pitchman for
| the indoor-agriculture company.
| Last year, facing hundreds of millions of dollars in debt,
| AppHarvest declared bankruptcy.
| Despite promising local jobs, the company eventually began
| contracting migrant workers from Mexico, Guatemala and
| other countries, numerous former employees told CNN.
<https://www.cnn.com/2024/08/13/politics/kentucky-startup-appharvest-j
d-vance/index.html>
--bks
Sounds like Biden/Harris $42 billion broadband boondoggle.
Sounds like another "hire Americans first"
Republican hypocrite caught hiring immigrants.

Why are conservatives so dishonest?

Trump’s Mar-a-Lago Club applies
to hire 70 foreign workers
July 20 2017
http://tinyurl.com/y8kzhre7

Mar-A-Lago Sought 380 Foreign Workers During
Time Trump Had Access To Classified Documents
Jum 14 2023
https://tinyurl.com/4pxwm536

Trump’s Companies Hired 192 Foreign
Workers Last Year As He Railed Against
Immigrants
January 17, 2019.
https://tinyurl.com/tyft92pc
%
2024-08-13 13:38:00 UTC

because you wouldn't believe them if they weren't
Governor Swill
2024-08-14 06:43:10 UTC
Post by Mitchell Holman
Post by Yak
Post by Bradley K. Sherman

| As a venture capitalist, JD Vance repeatedly touted his
| guiding principles for investing in a company: A business
| should not only turn a profit, it should also help American
| communities.
|
| That's why, he said, he invested in AppHarvest, a startup
| that promised a high-tech future for farming and for the
| workers of Eastern Kentucky. Over a four-year span, Vance
| was an early investor, board member and public pitchman for
| the indoor-agriculture company.
| Last year, facing hundreds of millions of dollars in debt,
| AppHarvest declared bankruptcy.
| Despite promising local jobs, the company eventually began
| contracting migrant workers from Mexico, Guatemala and
| other countries, numerous former employees told CNN.
<https://www.cnn.com/2024/08/13/politics/kentucky-startup-appharvest-j
d-vance/index.html>
--bks
Sounds like Biden/Harris $42 billion broadband boondoggle.
Sounds like another "hire Americans first"
Republican hypocrite caught hiring immigrants.
hehe Sure is. Not only hired them, but hid them whenever big wigs came around.
Post by Mitchell Holman
Why are conservatives so dishonest?
Because that's all they have. Their policies don't work and aren't popular and the
policies that do work and are popular, they won't support. Look how long they fought
Obamacare and it's turned out to be very popular.
Post by Mitchell Holman
Trump’s Mar-a-Lago Club applies
to hire 70 foreign workers
July 20 2017
http://tinyurl.com/y8kzhre7
Mar-A-Lago Sought 380 Foreign Workers During
Time Trump Had Access To Classified Documents
Jum 14 2023
https://tinyurl.com/4pxwm536
Trump’s Companies Hired 192 Foreign
Workers Last Year As He Railed Against
Immigrants
January 17, 2019.
https://tinyurl.com/tyft92pc
#nevertrump

Excerpt from Walz' stump speech:
"Some of you gray hairs and no hairs in here can remember a time when Republicans actually
talked about freedom and believed in it. Not these guys. These guys believe government
should be free to invade your exam room with your doctor."
Governor Swill
2024-08-14 06:36:01 UTC
Post by Yak
Post by Bradley K. Sherman

| As a venture capitalist, JD Vance repeatedly touted his
| guiding principles for investing in a company: A business
| should not only turn a profit, it should also help American
| communities.
|
| That's why, he said, he invested in AppHarvest, a startup
| that promised a high-tech future for farming and for the
| workers of Eastern Kentucky. Over a four-year span, Vance
| was an early investor, board member and public pitchman for
| the indoor-agriculture company.
| Last year, facing hundreds of millions of dollars in debt,
| AppHarvest declared bankruptcy.
| Despite promising local jobs, the company eventually began
| contracting migrant workers from Mexico, Guatemala and
| other countries, numerous former employees told CNN.
<https://www.cnn.com/2024/08/13/politics/kentucky-startup-appharvest-jd-vance/index.html>
--bks
Sounds like Biden/Harris $42 billion broadband boondoggle.
Except it wasn't. It was Vance.

Do you mean this program, only passed into law last year with a completion date of 2030?
"US to spend $42 billion to make Internet access universal by 2030"
<https://www.reuters.com/world/us/biden-detail-plans-42-billion-investment-us-internet-access-2023-06-26/>

That money is awarded to the states instead of the rollout being administered by
Washington. Isn't that what you want? State control rather than federal?

#nevertrump
super70s
2024-08-14 03:45:14 UTC
Post by Bradley K. Sherman

| As a venture capitalist, JD Vance repeatedly touted his
| guiding principles for investing in a company: A business
| should not only turn a profit, it should also help American
| communities.
|
| That's why, he said, he invested in AppHarvest, a startup
| that promised a high-tech future for farming and for the
| workers of Eastern Kentucky. Over a four-year span, Vance
| was an early investor, board member and public pitchman for
| the indoor-agriculture company.
| Last year, facing hundreds of millions of dollars in debt,
| AppHarvest declared bankruptcy.
| Despite promising local jobs, the company eventually began
| contracting migrant workers from Mexico, Guatemala and
| other countries, numerous former employees told CNN.
<https://www.cnn.com/2024/08/13/politics/kentucky-startup-
appharvest-jd-vance/index.html>
--bks
He's trying to claim he didn't know anything about the workers working
in a 128 degree greenhouse and being carried out on gurneys but if he
didn't he had no business being on the board of directors. There were
several complaints to state and federal officials about it.
Governor Swill
2024-08-15 05:23:03 UTC
Post by super70s
Post by Bradley K. Sherman

| As a venture capitalist, JD Vance repeatedly touted his
| guiding principles for investing in a company: A business
| should not only turn a profit, it should also help American
| communities.
|
| That's why, he said, he invested in AppHarvest, a startup
| that promised a high-tech future for farming and for the
| workers of Eastern Kentucky. Over a four-year span, Vance
| was an early investor, board member and public pitchman for
| the indoor-agriculture company.
| Last year, facing hundreds of millions of dollars in debt,
| AppHarvest declared bankruptcy.
| Despite promising local jobs, the company eventually began
| contracting migrant workers from Mexico, Guatemala and
| other countries, numerous former employees told CNN.
<https://www.cnn.com/2024/08/13/politics/kentucky-startup-
appharvest-jd-vance/index.html>
--bks
He's trying to claim he didn't know anything about the workers working
in a 128 degree greenhouse and being carried out on gurneys but if he
didn't he had no business being on the board of directors. There were
several complaints to state and federal officials about it.
Yet somehow the unwashed seem to think these guys understand their travails and will take
care of them.

Perhaps that speaks to *why* they are the unwashed.

#nevertrump

So ... a man who dodged military service wants to question the military service of a man
who served in the military for 24 years?

Got it.

Governor Swill
2024-08-14 06:26:51 UTC
Post by Bradley K. Sherman

| As a venture capitalist, JD Vance repeatedly touted his
| guiding principles for investing in a company: A business
| should not only turn a profit, it should also help American
| communities.
|
| That's why, he said, he invested in AppHarvest, a startup
| that promised a high-tech future for farming and for the
| workers of Eastern Kentucky. Over a four-year span, Vance
| was an early investor, board member and public pitchman for
| the indoor-agriculture company.
| Last year, facing hundreds of millions of dollars in debt,
| AppHarvest declared bankruptcy.
| Despite promising local jobs, the company eventually began
| contracting migrant workers from Mexico, Guatemala and
| other countries, numerous former employees told CNN.
<https://www.cnn.com/2024/08/13/politics/kentucky-startup-appharvest-jd-vance/index.html>
--bks
"“They brought Mitch McConnell into the greenhouse, and they sent every single Hispanic
worker home before he got there,” Hester said. “He then proceeded to have a speech about
how we were taking the jobs from the Mexicans.” At least five workers confirmed Hester’s
account of McConnell’s visit to CNN.

Supporting other worker accounts, Hester’s husband, Mitch Smith, who also worked at
AppHarvest, told CNN that the migrants were kept in separate bays from other workers and
were sent away when bigwigs came through the warehouse."

That's not racist. No, not at all!

#nevertrump