The Case For Prison For Trump
Add Reply
Bradley K. Sherman
2024-06-03 13:51:52 UTC

<https://www.nytimes.com/2024/06/02/opinion/trump-prison-time-sentencing.html>

--bks
Governor Swill
2024-06-03 21:39:36 UTC
Post by Bradley K. Sherman

| Having witnessed every day of Donald Trump's criminal trial
| for falsifying business records to conceal a sex scandal
| that threatened his presidential campaign, I strongly
| believe the former president should be sentenced to
| incarceration.
|
| I am a lawyer, not a judge, but I have practiced criminal
| law for over three decades. Under New York law, sentencing
| should be based on the gravity of the crime -- and the 34
| offenses on which Mr. Trump has now been convicted are
| profoundly serious.
No, not profoundly. Not even serious. In and of itself, it's a misdemeanor that millions
of others in business are guilty of every day.
Post by Bradley K. Sherman
| To find him guilty of felony business record falsification, the jury had
| to determine that heintended to commit, aid or conceal a second crime
| by making or causing false entries.
Which is different. The problem for the public is that *that* crime has not been
specified, charged or tried. The jury was convinced but the public is still in doubt.
Post by Bradley K. Sherman
<https://www.nytimes.com/2024/06/02/opinion/trump-prison-time-sentencing.html>
--bks
Swill
--
#nevertrump

"Your reputation will be damaged as everybody's reputation is damaged who gets involved
with Donald Trump. He's damaged goods, There's no good dealing with him
because you will end up on the bottom of a pyre." - Steve Cohen to John Durham

Durham, Meadows, Cohen, Ellis, Eastman, Bobb, Giuliani, Lindell, Nauta

Let's not add America to this list.

#nevertrump
Bradley K. Sherman
2024-06-04 14:05:58 UTC

| RNC Chair Michael Whatley says on Newsmax that the RNC is
| planning for a possibility when Trump is in jail during the
| convention
|
| [41-second video at URL]

<https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1797991631938818252>

--bks