The Right's Fascism Problem
Bradley K. Sherman
2024-05-22 09:42:36 UTC

<https://www.politico.com/newsletters/politico-nightly/2024/05/21/the-rights-fascism-problem-00159265>

--bks
Lee
2024-05-22 14:19:03 UTC
Post by Bradley K. Sherman

| The Right's Fascism Problem
| Regardless of how or why the video made its way onto
| Trump's social media feed, the incident highlights a
| broader problem for the GOP: Right-leaning corners of the
| internet are absolutely inundated with fascist or
| fascist-adjacent content, and that content is increasingly
| making its way -- either intentionally or accidentally --
| into more mainstream conservative discourse.
|
| After all, this isn't the first time that the porous
| digital boundary between the online far-right and the MAGA
| movement has created real-world political problems for
| Trump. In July 2015, during Trump's first bid for the White
| House, his campaign's official Twitter account posted --
| and then quickly deleted -- an image featuring Nazi
| soldiers reenactors, superimposed between the stripes of an
| American flag.
| The problem is not unique to Trump. Last year, Ron
| DeSantis's presidential campaign fired a staffer who
| reposted a video featuring the Nazi sonnenrad symbol on an
| official campaign social media account. In a now-familiar
| refrain, a DeSantis campaign spokesperson wrote the
| incident off as a mistake by a young staffer.
|
| The credibility of these explanations has been drawn into
| question by Trump's own invocations of fascist language --
| including his recent comments calling immigrants "vermin"
| who "poison the blood" of America -- as well as his
| repeated overtures to white nationalist figures like Nick
| Fuentes.
<https://www.politico.com/newsletters/politico-nightly/2024/05/21/the-
rights-fascism-problem-00159265>
--bks
Fascism isn't a problem for the
Right, they love it.

Donald Trump Supporters Excited
About Him Becoming a Dictator
Dec 13, 2023
https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-dictator-supporters-day-one-biden-
1852021
62hx.1708
2024-05-22 20:00:56 UTC
Post by Lee
Post by Bradley K. Sherman

| The Right's Fascism Problem
| Regardless of how or why the video made its way onto
| Trump's social media feed, the incident highlights a
| broader problem for the GOP: Right-leaning corners of the
| internet are absolutely inundated with fascist or
| fascist-adjacent content, and that content is increasingly
| making its way -- either intentionally or accidentally --
| into more mainstream conservative discourse.
|
| After all, this isn't the first time that the porous
| digital boundary between the online far-right and the MAGA
| movement has created real-world political problems for
| Trump. In July 2015, during Trump's first bid for the White
| House, his campaign's official Twitter account posted --
| and then quickly deleted -- an image featuring Nazi
| soldiers reenactors, superimposed between the stripes of an
| American flag.
| The problem is not unique to Trump. Last year, Ron
| DeSantis's presidential campaign fired a staffer who
| reposted a video featuring the Nazi sonnenrad symbol on an
| official campaign social media account. In a now-familiar
| refrain, a DeSantis campaign spokesperson wrote the
| incident off as a mistake by a young staffer.
|
| The credibility of these explanations has been drawn into
| question by Trump's own invocations of fascist language --
| including his recent comments calling immigrants "vermin"
| who "poison the blood" of America -- as well as his
| repeated overtures to white nationalist figures like Nick
| Fuentes.
<https://www.politico.com/newsletters/politico-nightly/2024/05/21/the-
rights-fascism-problem-00159265>
--bks
Fascism isn't a problem for the
Right, they love it.
But not NEARLY as much as the modern 'left' !!!

Face it, there are extremists in every sociopolitical
faction ... wokies/communists/(neo)fascists) on the
"left", kkk/theocons/(old)fascists on the 'right',
islamists, corporate-totalitarians, cultists, militants
of every strip wearing camo shit in the cities ... and
that's just lightly skimming the USA.

UNfortunately, for the MSM, strife SELLS - so all we
see are flaming extremists screaming at flaming
extremists and think that's all there is. The
sensible center disappears.

Or maybe you just wanted to scream and be screamed
at ? Sensible discussions/solutions are just no FUN ...
John Doe
2024-05-22 20:52:32 UTC

  | The Right's Fascism Problem
  | Regardless of how or why the video made its way onto
  | Trump's social media feed, the incident highlights a
  | broader problem for the GOP: Right-leaning corners of the
  | internet are absolutely inundated with fascist or
  | fascist-adjacent content, and that content is increasingly
  | making its way -- either intentionally or accidentally --
  | into more mainstream conservative discourse.
  |
  | After all, this isn't the first time that the porous
  | digital boundary between the online far-right and the MAGA
  | movement has created real-world political problems for
  | Trump. In July 2015, during Trump's first bid for the White
  | House, his campaign's official Twitter account posted --
  | and then quickly deleted -- an image featuring Nazi
  | soldiers reenactors, superimposed between the stripes of an
  | American flag.
  | The problem is not unique to Trump. Last year, Ron
  | DeSantis's presidential campaign fired a staffer who
  | reposted a video featuring the Nazi sonnenrad symbol on an
  | official campaign social media account. In a now-familiar
  | refrain, a DeSantis campaign spokesperson wrote the
  | incident off as a mistake by a young staffer.
  |
  | The credibility of these explanations has been drawn into
  | question by Trump's own invocations of fascist language --
  | including his recent comments calling immigrants "vermin"
  | who "poison the blood" of America -- as well as his
  | repeated overtures to white nationalist figures like Nick
  | Fuentes.
<https://www.politico.com/newsletters/politico-nightly/2024/05/21/the-
rights-fascism-problem-00159265>
     --bks
    Fascism isn't a problem for the
Right, they love it.
  But not NEARLY as much as the modern 'left' !!!
  Face it, there are extremists in every sociopolitical
  faction ... wokies/communists/(neo)fascists) on the
  "left", kkk/theocons/(old)fascists on the 'right',
  islamists, corporate-totalitarians, cultists, militants
  of every strip wearing camo shit in the cities ... and
  that's just lightly skimming the USA.
  UNfortunately, for the MSM, strife SELLS - so all we
  see are flaming extremists screaming at flaming
  extremists and think that's all there is. The
  sensible center disappears.
There are extremists in every camp, sure, but the left is not trying to
take us to a dictatorship and the left is not purging major decent
leaders like Liz Cheney for having the audacity to criticize dear leader.

Just because the left sticks up for the rights of the powerless and
unprivileged does not make them equivalent to book banners and the
people who want the government to control all pregnancies.

The situations not at all equivalent.
Lee
2024-05-23 14:56:05 UTC
Post by 62hx.1708
Post by Lee
Post by Bradley K. Sherman

| The Right's Fascism Problem
| Regardless of how or why the video made its way onto
| Trump's social media feed, the incident highlights a
| broader problem for the GOP: Right-leaning corners of the
| internet are absolutely inundated with fascist or
| fascist-adjacent content, and that content is increasingly
| making its way -- either intentionally or accidentally --
| into more mainstream conservative discourse.
|
| After all, this isn't the first time that the porous
| digital boundary between the online far-right and the MAGA
| movement has created real-world political problems for
| Trump. In July 2015, during Trump's first bid for the White
| House, his campaign's official Twitter account posted --
| and then quickly deleted -- an image featuring Nazi
| soldiers reenactors, superimposed between the stripes of an
| American flag.
| The problem is not unique to Trump. Last year, Ron
| DeSantis's presidential campaign fired a staffer who
| reposted a video featuring the Nazi sonnenrad symbol on an
| official campaign social media account. In a now-familiar
| refrain, a DeSantis campaign spokesperson wrote the
| incident off as a mistake by a young staffer.
|
| The credibility of these explanations has been drawn into
| question by Trump's own invocations of fascist language --
| including his recent comments calling immigrants "vermin"
| who "poison the blood" of America -- as well as his
| repeated overtures to white nationalist figures like Nick
| Fuentes.
<https://www.politico.com/newsletters/politico-nightly/2024/05/21/
the- rights-fascism-problem-00159265>
--bks
Fascism isn't a problem for the
Right, they love it.
But not NEARLY as much as the modern 'left' !!!
The left isn't wanting their
candidate to be a dictator.
62hx.1708
2024-05-23 22:27:57 UTC
Post by Lee
Post by 62hx.1708
Post by Lee
Post by Bradley K. Sherman

| The Right's Fascism Problem
| Regardless of how or why the video made its way onto
| Trump's social media feed, the incident highlights a
| broader problem for the GOP: Right-leaning corners of the
| internet are absolutely inundated with fascist or
| fascist-adjacent content, and that content is increasingly
| making its way -- either intentionally or accidentally --
| into more mainstream conservative discourse.
|
| After all, this isn't the first time that the porous
| digital boundary between the online far-right and the MAGA
| movement has created real-world political problems for
| Trump. In July 2015, during Trump's first bid for the White
| House, his campaign's official Twitter account posted --
| and then quickly deleted -- an image featuring Nazi
| soldiers reenactors, superimposed between the stripes of an
| American flag.
| The problem is not unique to Trump. Last year, Ron
| DeSantis's presidential campaign fired a staffer who
| reposted a video featuring the Nazi sonnenrad symbol on an
| official campaign social media account. In a now-familiar
| refrain, a DeSantis campaign spokesperson wrote the
| incident off as a mistake by a young staffer.
|
| The credibility of these explanations has been drawn into
| question by Trump's own invocations of fascist language --
| including his recent comments calling immigrants "vermin"
| who "poison the blood" of America -- as well as his
| repeated overtures to white nationalist figures like Nick
| Fuentes.
<https://www.politico.com/newsletters/politico-nightly/2024/05/21/
the- rights-fascism-problem-00159265>
--bks
Fascism isn't a problem for the
Right, they love it.
But not NEARLY as much as the modern 'left' !!!
The left isn't wanting their
candidate to be a dictator.
Of course they are.

Not much balance in your world-view ...
just "Wonderful US -vs- Horrible THEM"

Clue, everybody's pretty SICK of it.
John Doe
2024-05-23 22:59:32 UTC

  | The Right's Fascism Problem
  | Regardless of how or why the video made its way onto
  | Trump's social media feed, the incident highlights a
  | broader problem for the GOP: Right-leaning corners of the
  | internet are absolutely inundated with fascist or
  | fascist-adjacent content, and that content is increasingly
  | making its way -- either intentionally or accidentally --
  | into more mainstream conservative discourse.
  |
  | After all, this isn't the first time that the porous
  | digital boundary between the online far-right and the MAGA
  | movement has created real-world political problems for
  | Trump. In July 2015, during Trump's first bid for the White
  | House, his campaign's official Twitter account posted --
  | and then quickly deleted -- an image featuring Nazi
  | soldiers reenactors, superimposed between the stripes of an
  | American flag.
  | The problem is not unique to Trump. Last year, Ron
  | DeSantis's presidential campaign fired a staffer who
  | reposted a video featuring the Nazi sonnenrad symbol on an
  | official campaign social media account. In a now-familiar
  | refrain, a DeSantis campaign spokesperson wrote the
  | incident off as a mistake by a young staffer.
  |
  | The credibility of these explanations has been drawn into
  | question by Trump's own invocations of fascist language --
  | including his recent comments calling immigrants "vermin"
  | who "poison the blood" of America -- as well as his
  | repeated overtures to white nationalist figures like Nick
  | Fuentes.
<https://www.politico.com/newsletters/politico-nightly/2024/05/21/
the- rights-fascism-problem-00159265>
     --bks
    Fascism isn't a problem for the
Right, they love it.
   But not NEARLY as much as the modern 'left' !!!
       The left isn't wanting their
candidate to be a dictator.
  Of course they are.
  Not much balance in your world-view ...
  just "Wonderful US -vs- Horrible THEM"
  Clue, everybody's pretty SICK of it.
This seems like projection and counter to fact. Can you name a candidate
on the left who has bragged about wanting to be a dictator for any
amount of time? I see Trump doing this, but I just don't see anyone else
doing it.
TruthBarker
2024-05-24 11:17:29 UTC

  | The Right's Fascism Problem
  | Regardless of how or why the video made its way onto
  | Trump's social media feed, the incident highlights a
  | broader problem for the GOP: Right-leaning corners of the
  | internet are absolutely inundated with fascist or
  | fascist-adjacent content, and that content is increasingly
  | making its way -- either intentionally or accidentally --
  | into more mainstream conservative discourse.
  |
  | After all, this isn't the first time that the porous
  | digital boundary between the online far-right and the MAGA
  | movement has created real-world political problems for
  | Trump. In July 2015, during Trump's first bid for the White
  | House, his campaign's official Twitter account posted --
  | and then quickly deleted -- an image featuring Nazi
  | soldiers reenactors, superimposed between the stripes of an
  | American flag.
  | The problem is not unique to Trump. Last year, Ron
  | DeSantis's presidential campaign fired a staffer who
  | reposted a video featuring the Nazi sonnenrad symbol on an
  | official campaign social media account. In a now-familiar
  | refrain, a DeSantis campaign spokesperson wrote the
  | incident off as a mistake by a young staffer.
  |
  | The credibility of these explanations has been drawn into
  | question by Trump's own invocations of fascist language --
  | including his recent comments calling immigrants "vermin"
  | who "poison the blood" of America -- as well as his
  | repeated overtures to white nationalist figures like Nick
  | Fuentes.
<https://www.politico.com/newsletters/politico-nightly/2024/05/21/
the- rights-fascism-problem-00159265>
     --bks
    Fascism isn't a problem for the
Right, they love it.
   But not NEARLY as much as the modern 'left' !!!
       The left isn't wanting their
candidate to be a dictator.
  Of course they are.
  Not much balance in your world-view ...
  just "Wonderful US -vs- Horrible THEM"
  Clue, everybody's pretty SICK of it.
Gibberish, you only say so because Trump said so.

Trump, who pledged in a speech last fall to “root out the communists,
Marxists, fascists and the radical left thugs that live like
vermin within the confines of our country, that lie and steal and cheat
on elections”

Then he posts "unifed Reich" video on Truth Social
NoBody
2024-05-24 11:21:02 UTC
Post by Lee
Post by 62hx.1708
Post by Lee
Post by Bradley K. Sherman

| The Right's Fascism Problem
| Regardless of how or why the video made its way onto
| Trump's social media feed, the incident highlights a
| broader problem for the GOP: Right-leaning corners of the
| internet are absolutely inundated with fascist or
| fascist-adjacent content, and that content is increasingly
| making its way -- either intentionally or accidentally --
| into more mainstream conservative discourse.
|
| After all, this isn't the first time that the porous
| digital boundary between the online far-right and the MAGA
| movement has created real-world political problems for
| Trump. In July 2015, during Trump's first bid for the White
| House, his campaign's official Twitter account posted --
| and then quickly deleted -- an image featuring Nazi
| soldiers reenactors, superimposed between the stripes of an
| American flag.
| The problem is not unique to Trump. Last year, Ron
| DeSantis's presidential campaign fired a staffer who
| reposted a video featuring the Nazi sonnenrad symbol on an
| official campaign social media account. In a now-familiar
| refrain, a DeSantis campaign spokesperson wrote the
| incident off as a mistake by a young staffer.
|
| The credibility of these explanations has been drawn into
| question by Trump's own invocations of fascist language --
| including his recent comments calling immigrants "vermin"
| who "poison the blood" of America -- as well as his
| repeated overtures to white nationalist figures like Nick
| Fuentes.
<https://www.politico.com/newsletters/politico-nightly/2024/05/21/
the- rights-fascism-problem-00159265>
--bks
Fascism isn't a problem for the
Right, they love it.
But not NEARLY as much as the modern 'left' !!!
The left isn't wanting their
candidate to be a dictator.
Joe Biden "forgave" student loans after the Supreme Court told him he
couldn't. Sounds rather dictator-like dontchathink?
Lee
2024-05-24 15:55:59 UTC
Post by Lee

Post by Lee
Post by Bradley K. Sherman
--bks
Fascism isn't a problem for the
Right, they love it.
But not NEARLY as much as the modern 'left' !!!
The left isn't wanting their
candidate to be a dictator.
Joe Biden "forgave" student loans after the Supreme Court told him he
couldn't. Sounds rather dictator-like dontchathink?
Defying the Supreme Court makes
one a dictator?

Hmmm..........

Despite Supreme Court ruling, Trump
administration rejects new DACA
applications
July 16 2020

https://www.latimes.com/politics/story/2020-07-16/trump-refuses-new-daca
-supreme-court

Trump defies Supreme Court and
Constitution in census citizenship
fight
July 10 2019

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2019/07/10/trump-defies-supreme-c
ourt-constitution-citizenship-question-column/1681411001/
NoBody
2024-05-25 13:47:23 UTC
Post by Lee
Post by Lee

Post by Lee
Post by Bradley K. Sherman
--bks
Fascism isn't a problem for the
Right, they love it.
But not NEARLY as much as the modern 'left' !!!
The left isn't wanting their
candidate to be a dictator.
Joe Biden "forgave" student loans after the Supreme Court told him he
couldn't. Sounds rather dictator-like dontchathink?
Defying the Supreme Court makes
one a dictator?
Hmmm..........
Despite Supreme Court ruling, Trump
administration rejects new DACA
applications
July 16 2020
https://www.latimes.com/politics/story/2020-07-16/trump-refuses-new-daca
-supreme-court
Paywalled so I can't read the specifics but how did you libs respond
to the action? Leave it to Lying Lee to pivot the subject to Trump
and ignore what Biden did.
Byker
2024-05-25 17:56:50 UTC
Post by NoBody
Post by Lee

Childish evasion noted.
NoBody
2024-05-26 14:00:22 UTC
Post by NoBody
Post by Lee

And Lying Lee has fled.
Byker
2024-05-26 19:43:20 UTC
Post by NoBody
Post by NoBody
Post by Lee

Adults don't reply to their own post in order to moan about being ignored.
Governor Swill
2024-05-27 04:36:22 UTC
Post by Byker
Post by NoBody
And Lying Lee has fled.
Adults don't reply to their own post in order to moan about being ignored.
Most folks don't brag about it when a date stands them up.

Swill
--
Trump cites FBI stats to prove crime going down, 2019

<https://www.brennancenter.org/our-work/analysis-opinion/crime-down-does-president-trump-deserve-credit>

Trump dismisses FBI stats that prove crime is going down, 2024

<https://people.com/fact-check-trump-false-claims-crime-rates-8624660>

Not left, not right, https://www.forwardparty.com/

Heroyam slava! Glory to the Heroes!

Sláva Ukrajíni! Glory to Ukraine!

Putin tse prezervatyv! Putin is a condom!

Go here to donate to Ukrainian relief.
Byker
2024-05-24 16:00:15 UTC
Post by NoBody
Post by Lee
Post by 62hx.1708
Post by Lee
Post by Bradley K. Sherman

| The Right's Fascism Problem
| Regardless of how or why the video made its way onto
| Trump's social media feed, the incident highlights a
| broader problem for the GOP: Right-leaning corners of the
| internet are absolutely inundated with fascist or
| fascist-adjacent content, and that content is increasingly
| making its way -- either intentionally or accidentally --
| into more mainstream conservative discourse.
|
| After all, this isn't the first time that the porous
| digital boundary between the online far-right and the MAGA
| movement has created real-world political problems for
| Trump. In July 2015, during Trump's first bid for the White
| House, his campaign's official Twitter account posted --
| and then quickly deleted -- an image featuring Nazi
| soldiers reenactors, superimposed between the stripes of an
| American flag.
| The problem is not unique to Trump. Last year, Ron
| DeSantis's presidential campaign fired a staffer who
| reposted a video featuring the Nazi sonnenrad symbol on an
| official campaign social media account. In a now-familiar
| refrain, a DeSantis campaign spokesperson wrote the
| incident off as a mistake by a young staffer.
|
| The credibility of these explanations has been drawn into
| question by Trump's own invocations of fascist language --
| including his recent comments calling immigrants "vermin"
| who "poison the blood" of America -- as well as his
| repeated overtures to white nationalist figures like Nick
| Fuentes.
<https://www.politico.com/newsletters/politico-nightly/2024/05/21/
the- rights-fascism-problem-00159265>
--bks
Fascism isn't a problem for the
Right, they love it.
But not NEARLY as much as the modern 'left' !!!
The left isn't wanting their
candidate to be a dictator.
Joe Biden "forgave" student loans after the Supreme Court told him he
couldn't.
The Supreme Court didn't say any such thing. The court said the earlier loan
forgiveness proposal was unconstitutional, so he abandoned it and came up with
another. If someone wants to challenge the new one on constitutional grounds,
let him. So far, no one has.

Biden doesn't tell the country he's going to be a dictator. Trump does tell the
country that very thing, and his pro-fascism followers cheer him for it.
John Doe
2024-05-24 16:20:09 UTC
Post by Byker
Post by NoBody

  | The Right's Fascism Problem
  | Regardless of how or why the video made its way onto
  | Trump's social media feed, the incident highlights a
  | broader problem for the GOP: Right-leaning corners of the
  | internet are absolutely inundated with fascist or
  | fascist-adjacent content, and that content is increasingly
  | making its way -- either intentionally or accidentally --
  | into more mainstream conservative discourse.
  |
  | After all, this isn't the first time that the porous
  | digital boundary between the online far-right and the MAGA
  | movement has created real-world political problems for
  | Trump. In July 2015, during Trump's first bid for the White
  | House, his campaign's official Twitter account posted --
  | and then quickly deleted -- an image featuring Nazi
  | soldiers reenactors, superimposed between the stripes of an
  | American flag.
  | The problem is not unique to Trump. Last year, Ron
  | DeSantis's presidential campaign fired a staffer who
  | reposted a video featuring the Nazi sonnenrad symbol on an
  | official campaign social media account. In a now-familiar
  | refrain, a DeSantis campaign spokesperson wrote the
  | incident off as a mistake by a young staffer.
  |
  | The credibility of these explanations has been drawn into
  | question by Trump's own invocations of fascist language --
  | including his recent comments calling immigrants "vermin"
  | who "poison the blood" of America -- as well as his
  | repeated overtures to white nationalist figures like Nick
  | Fuentes.
<https://www.politico.com/newsletters/politico-nightly/2024/05/21/
the- rights-fascism-problem-00159265>
     --bks
    Fascism isn't a problem for the
Right, they love it.
   But not NEARLY as much as the modern 'left' !!!
      The left isn't wanting their
candidate to be a dictator.
Joe Biden "forgave" student loans after the Supreme Court told him he
couldn't.
The Supreme Court didn't say any such thing. The court said the earlier
loan forgiveness proposal was unconstitutional, so he abandoned it and
came up with another. If someone wants to challenge the new one on
constitutional grounds, let him. So far, no one has.
Biden doesn't tell the country he's going to be a dictator. Trump does
tell the country that very thing, and his pro-fascism followers cheer
him for it.
Exactly. The people claiming Biden wants to be a dictator despite the
evidence and claim Trump is not a wannabe dictator despite massive
evidence are long on name-calling (a Trump specialty) and short on
actual evidence (another Trump specialty).
Ken
2024-05-26 14:22:16 UTC
Post by Lee
Post by 62hx.1708
Bradley K. Sherman wrote:>> But not NEARLY as much as the modern 'left' !!!
The left isn't wanting their
candidate to be a dictator.
Then what do you call ignoring the SC with regard to forgiving student
loan debt?? That is just one example. Using the legal system to punish
some, but forgive others is another.
Michael A Terrell
We call that a shit-encrusted dirty-diaper-wearing senile geriatric making shit up.
Lawrence D'Oliveiro
2024-05-22 22:28:38 UTC
Right-leaning corners of the | internet are absolutely inundated with
fascist or | fascist-adjacent content, and that content is increasingly
| making its way -- either intentionally or accidentally -- | into more
mainstream conservative discourse.
Another problem right-wingers have is their projection reflex: accuse them
of something, and it’s like children saying “I know you are but what am
I?”.